Here are some useful resources to help you as an employer. We have something for every stage of your journey – just click on the tabs below.
Need extra support? Contact B+LNZ’s People & Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s important to work with your staff to set a plan to reach specific goals and meet targets.
Below are some resources to help with your staff planning.
- Staff Planning (PDF, 1.73MB)
It's important to ensure you get quality applicants and that you select the person best suited for the role.
Below are some resources to help with recruitment and selection.
- B+LNZ AgInnovation 2018 Presentation: How do we keep attracting the best people? Stuart Taylor
- Job hunting (PDF, 347KB)
- Recruitment (PDF, 1MB)
Part of being a good employer is to ensure your staff have continuous improvement.
Below are some resources to help ensure you are continuously upskilling your staff.
- Manager's reports (PDF, 395 KB)
- Performance incentives (PDF, 355 KB)
- Performance management (PDF, 573 KB)
- Sheep Beef Deer Prospectus: Primary ITO (PDF, 279 KB)
- Team building (PDF, 310 KB)
- FarmSmart 2017 - Melonie Sheppard - Getting the most from your staff
- Delegation and rostering (PDF, 389 KB)
- AgInnovation 2019: Why don't they get it, why don't I get them – Deanne Parkes
Want to learn more about how to develop yourself and your staff?
Below are some resources to help your staff with learning and development.
- Training (PDF, 524KB)
- Time management and action planning (PDF, 341KB)
- AgInnovation 2019: How to keep good staff – Carissa Fairbrother
- Leadership, communication and understanding people (PDF, 531KB)
- Retention (PDF, 427KB)
Good staff wellbeing is directly linked to a better work environment, meaning better productivity.
Below are some resources to help you look after your staff’s wellbeing.
- Disciplinary procedures (PDF, 326KB)
- Drugs and alcohol (PDF, 321KB)
- Conflict resolution (PDF, 274KB)
- Health and Safety on farm – risk management
- Health and Safety on farm – safety conversations
So, your staff member is coming to the end of their employment, what do you need to do?
Below are some resources to help with ending employments.
- Ending employment (PDF, 559KB)