Collection of your personal information
During the course of dealing with you, we may collect basic personal information about you, such as your name, address and contact details. We may also collect other specific information from you relating to the information or services that you wish to obtain, where we request and you provide this to us.
Some examples of personal information we may collect from you (and when this might happen) include:
- your name, address and other contact details when you register for an event or to receive a publication from us (including a digital communication)
- your name, contact details and livestock numbers when you register on our farmer electoral roll
- other information, where you have specifically consented to our collecting this information, for example through the use of our website tools or when you provide information to the Economic Service and /or Beef + Lamb New Zealand Genetics
- your name, address (physical and email), GST Numbers and livestock volumes processed where this is provided to us directly by meat processing companies under or in connection with the Commodity Levies Meat Order 2021 or other similar laws relating to levies that support our activities.
Use of your personal information
We may hold and use personal information collected from you for the purposes set out below (or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection):
- to provide industry good services for sheep and beef producers mandated by the Commodity Levies Meat Order 2021 or other similar laws relating to levies that support our activities.
- to help us provide any of our service(s) to you and to improve these services.
- to help answer any inquiries from you about our services or other activities
- to meet our statutory and other legal obligations with respect to our services and investments.
- for any purpose to which you have specifically requested or agreed your personal information may be used.
- for any specific purpose that a law authorises, requires or permits us to use your information.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information in order to facilitate use of your information for the purposes set out above. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third party service or product providers, where we have engaged those third parties to assist us to provide products or services you have requested or use.
We may also disclose your personal information where this is authorised by you or permitted or required by law.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, and from unauthorised use, access, modification, or disclosure or other misuse.
Access to or correction of your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to do so, please contact us at Beef + Lamb New Zealand Limited via the following:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Limited
P O Box 121
Contact numbers: Phone 0800 233 352
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner at https://www.privacy.org.nz/.
Terms used in this Policy
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual,
- “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to Beef + Lamb New Zealand Limited, and