Follow this Safe Work Procedure when working in the farm workshop. All workers must follow this procedure and be familiar with the safe use of the equipment in question.
What are the minimum operator requirements?
- Operator must be under direct supervision until assessed as competent by person in charge of the workplace
- Operator must have sufficient weight, limb size, skill and judgement to control the equipment being used
What equipment do you need?
- Personal Protective Equipment appropriate to the equipment being used is to be worn. This information is to be found on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- First aid kit appropriate to equipment being used
- Fire extinguisher
- Be familiar with the owner’s manual and all safety decals on the equipment being used
- Check that equipment is safe to use
- Isolate the equipment when servicing/maintaining it
- Ensure the equipment is stable
- Follow equipment safety procedures
- Ensure there is sufficient lighting and ventilation
- Ensure power tools and equipment are properly guarded
- Use equipment for its intended purpose only
- Store equipment safely to prevent damage and unauthorised use
- Do not use equipment if you are unsure how to do so safely
What are the risks?
- Electric shock