B+LNZ Referendum Roadshow
We’re running a series of events around the country to provide farmers with an update on B+LNZ work and our referendum offer.
Come along to an event near you to find out about how your levies are invested across our work programmes – speakers and topics will vary by location so check the list in your area to find out more. (Note that times shown include time for refreshments and discussion. Farming for Profit events are longer and more structured.)
B+LNZ Directors and key staff will also be present – this is your opportunity to ask questions or provide feedback on what’s important to you.
Find an event in your region and register today. If you can’t attend an event in person, join our national webinar on Wednesday 30 June at 7pm. Register here.
- 1–5pm, Wednesday 16 June: Dannevirke (B+LNZ Farming for Profit event)
- 2–4pm, Tuesday 22 June, Wairoa
- 12–3pm, Wednesday 23 June, Gisborne (with a focus on Taste Pure Nature)
- 23–24 June, Napier (B+LNZ Genetics Sheep Breeder Forum)
- 5–8pm, Thursday 24 June, Havelock North (with a focus on Taste Pure Nature)
- 12–2pm, Monday 28 June, Waipukurau
- 5.30–8.30pm, Thursday 1 July, Masterton (with a focus on Taste Pure Nature)
- 3.30–6.30pm, Thursday 10 June, Blenheim (with a focus on environmental policy)
- 12–2pm, Friday 11 June, Upper Moutere
- 3.30–6.30pm. Monday 14 June, Omihi (with a focus on environmental policy and Taste Pure Nature)
- 1–4.30pm, Wednesday 16 June, Ikamatua (B+LNZ Farming for Profit event)
- 1–4.30pm, Thursday 17 June, Fox Glacier (B+LNZ Farming for Profit event)
- 11.30am–5pm, Thursday 24 June, Christchurch (B+LNZ FarmSmart Conference)
- 6–9pm, Tuesday 8 June, Gore (with a focus on environmental policy and Taste Pure Nature)
- 1–3pm, Wednesday 9 June, Tapanui
- 6–9pm, Wednesday 9 June, Lawrence
- 1–3pm, Thursday 10 June, Te Anau
- 6–9pm, Thursday 10 June, Winton (with a focus on environmental policy and Taste Pure Nature)
- 1–3pm, Friday 11 June, Clinton (with a focus on environmental policy and research and development)
We’ve also listed all the events in this handy one-page summary (PDF, 113KB).
About the referendum
Every six years, farmers vote on whether they want B+LNZ to continue to exist, funded by compulsory levies on sheepmeat and beef (including dairy-beef).
Voting will take place between 1 June and 9 July 2021. All livestock farmers registered on B+LNZ’s electoral roll will be sent a voting pack – packs will arrive in the first week of June.
Voting packs contain information outlining what farmers are voting on.
- Levy Proposal (PDF, 2MB) – this sets out B+LNZ’s role in investing collectively on behalf of farmers in activities that individuals can’t do on their own, and the work we’ll do to help farmers meet the challenges of the biggest period of change in a generation.
- Levy Information (PDF, 228KB) – this contains important information on voting, covering the individual levies and general levy information, as required under the Commodities Levies Act 1990.
How to vote
Detailed information on how to vote is in your voting pack.
You can either vote online or by post.
- If you vote online you’ll need your unique PIN and password from the voting paper in your voting pack.
- If you post your vote, follow the instructions for completing the voting paper, use the freepost envelope provided and note the final date for posting is Tuesday 6 July. ELECTION HELPLINE: 0800 666 046.
Register to vote
If you want to vote in the referendum and you’re not on the B+LNZ electoral roll you can register to vote on this website (note that you won’t receive a physical voting pack in the mail – this will be sent to you by email directly from Electionz.com).
Register to vote on the ‘Sign up with us’ webpage.
To check if you’re on the roll you can email email@example.com or call 0800 BEEFLAMB (0800 233 352).
If you have any questions about this year’s referendum, email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Roadshow calendar full details.pdf||112.8 KB|