Ministry for the Environment's freshwater consultation
The Ministry for the Environment's submission period closed at 5pm, 31 October 2019.
We strongly encourage farmers to attend a Ministry for the Environment consultation meeting and to make a submission.
Here are links to the Ministry for the Environment's main consultation documents: https://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/fresh-water/action-healthy-waterways-discussion-document-national-direction-our
- VIDEO: Watch 'Changing Environmental Policy: What you need to know and do' presentation from the B+LNZ roadshow
- Draft National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management
- Proposed National Environmental Standards for Freshwater
- Draft Stock Exclusion Section 360 Regulations
Making a submission
You can submit your feedback during the consultation period using one of the following options:
- Use the Ministry for the Environment's online submission tool.
- Answer the questions in the consultation document and email these to email@example.com
B+LNZ has developed a submission template for farmers wanting to have their say on the government’s freshwater proposals.
The submission template summarises the key issues facing sheep and beef farmers, and has suggested text that you can copy and paste, or rewrite as you see fit, to use in your own submission.
Download Essential Freshwater Farm Submission template (WORD, 181KB)
Submissions closed 5pm, 31 October 2019.