After a thorough judging process, Beef + Lamb New Zealand (B+LNZ) is pleased to announce the finalists in the Beef + Lamb New Zealand Awards.
B+LNZ CEO Sam McIvor says a team of judges scrutinized all of the hundred-plus entries in the eight award categories and after much deliberation, came up with a list of finalists.
“The overwhelming feedback from the judges was about the high quality of the entries. They also commented that it was a privilege to gain insight into the fantastic work going on behind the scenes in our sector.”
Mr McIvor said B+LNZ, along with Award partner Farmlands and other sponsors, has been thrilled with the response they have received for the Awards in their first year.
“This is our first year, and the bar has been set extremely high in terms of both quality and quantity of entries. I did not envy the tough job the judges have had in selecting finalists and judges had expressed hope that many of those who did not make the finalists list this year, will enter again in the future.”
The winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner at the Napier War Memorial Centre on 2 February, after COVID-19 alert levels forced the postponement of the Awards dinner from the original date of October 20th.
Mr McIvor says he hopes that all entrants, nominees, nominators will join the finalists and sponsors at the Awards Dinner to celebrate NZ’s red meat sector.
The finalists are:
- Cara Doggett (Wellsford)
- Estee Browne (Cambridge)
- Luke Foster (Morrinsville)
- Agri-Women’s Development Trust (Masterton)
- Coadette Low (Masterton)
- NZ Rural Leadership Trust (Lincoln)
- Bob Thomson (Te Awamutu)
- Professor Derrick Moot (Lincoln)
- Dr David Stevens (Mosgiel)
- Daniel Eb (Northland)
- Sandra Matthews (Tairawhiti)
- Meat the Need (Takaka)
- AgResearch Parasitology Team (Palmerston North)
- Lincoln University Dryland Pastures Research Group (Lincoln)
- Strategic Winter Grazing Research Team (Mosgiel)
- Farmax Ltd (Hamilton)
- Knode (Hamilton)
- Silver Fern Farms Calf Booking app (Dunedin)
- Maatua Hou Ltd (Burnham)
- Mt Linton Station, IMF Sheep Genetics (Southland)
- Sam and Sarah Johnston (Wairarapa)
- Coastal Lamb (Whanganui)
- Spring Valley Enterprises (Masterton)
- Middlehurst Delivered (Blenheim)