Beef + Lamb New Zealand is proud to be a national partner of the Surfing for Farmers initiative that supports rural mental health by getting people off farm and into the ocean. View this summer’s dates and locations near you.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand (B+LNZ) has supported the Surfing for Farmers initiative from its inception and have recently signed a formal partnership.
“Our vision of sustainable and profitable farmers, thriving rural communities, valued by New Zealanders sets the scene for B+LNZ to support our farmers and rural communities. Having this vision means thriving rural communities are not only productive and profitable, but that their wellbeing is also supported,” says B+LNZ’s General Manager – South Island John Ladley.
“We’ve been involved with Surfing for Farmers at many of the regional events since the inception. In recognition of the great work being done, we are stepping up and sponsoring Surfing for Farmers at a National level. We want to ensure that farmers get the opportunity to participate in this great concept and look after themselves and taking some time out over the summer months.
“We’re proud to support Surfing for Farmers and encourage you and your whānau to get involved. All lessons are free and include a board and wetsuit with a BBQ after!” says Mr Ladley.
Gisborne farmer Amanda Cave says, “Surfing for Farmers offers an awesome opportunity to get amongst it, challenge yourself, learn a new skill, great comraderie, all off farm at a stunning NZ beach near you - what is there not to love about this.”
Surfing for Farmers regional kick off dates and locations for 2021/22
For a full updated list of dates and locations near you, visit the Surfing for Farmers website.
Northland – Sandy Bay
- Wednesday 12 January 5:30pm, Calvin Ball: 027 223 2894 or Ryan Baxter: 0272859075
Northland - Waipu Cove
- Thursday 13 January 5:30pm, Ryan Baxter: 0272859075 or Calvin Ball: 027 223 2894
Coromandel – Paunui, top of Mt Vista
- Wednesday 10 November 4:30pm, Seth Roe: 027 320 6937
Waihi Beach – (north end surf club)
- Tuesday 7 December 5:30pm, Mike Meade: 027 659 0661
Mt Maunganui – Corner of Banks and Marine Parade
- Thursday 2 December 5:30pm, Geoff Waite: 027 601 4444 or Sarah Hickey: 027 554 9257
- Thursday 2 December 5:30pm, Boyd Harris: 027 341 4439
Raglan – Ngarunui Beach
- Wednesday 24 November 5:30pm, Matte Kirk: 027 222 2403
Ohope – West End Ohope
- Tuesday 1 November 5:30pm, Phil Williams: 027 499 5605
- Wednesday 24 November 5:30pm, Matt Jefferd: 027 499 9205
- Thursday 2 December 5.30pm, Boyd Harris: 027 341 4439
Gisborne - Midway Beach (surfclub)
- Tuesday 7 December 5:30pm, Stephen Thomson: 021 450 6531
Taranaki – Fitzrory Beach
- Tuesday 7 December 5:30pm, Mark Dwyer: 021 528 263
- Thursday 2 December 5:30pm, Simon: 027 458 7123
Northern Hawkes Bay – Waimarama Beach
- Thursday 25 November, Tim Wynne-Lewis: 027 488 9719
Central Hawkes Bay
- Wednesday 8 December at Pourerere Beach 4pm, Andy Lee: 027 354 8608
- Wednesday 15 December at Porangahau Beach 4pm, Andy Lee: 027 354 8608
Wairarapa – Riversdale Beach (surf club)
- Thursday 2 December 5:30pm, Richard Moore: 021 313 877
Kaikoura -Ward beach, Okiwi Bay or Kekerengu River mouth
- Thursday 9 December, Henry Ryan: 027 868 2862
North Canterbury, Gore Bay
- Thursday 2 December 6.30pm, James Northcote: 027 216 6822
- Tuesday 7 December 6:15pm, Sandra Taylor: 021 151 8685
Oamaru – Kakanui Beach
- Wednesday 8 December 6:00pm, Alfie Broughton: 021 247 8542
- Wednesday 15 December 5:30pm, Paul Richardson: 027 477 4106
Dunedin – Brighton or Ocean view beach
- Thursday 16 December 4:30pm, Becs Cameron: 027 366 9275
Southland – Riverton Rocks or Monkey Island Beaches
- Thursday 25 November 6pm, Colac Bay, Tom Slee: 021 2257 067 or Katrina Thomas: 027 485 4395