Did you miss this year’s B+LNZ AgInnovation Conference or want to view another concurrent session that clashed? We have many of the day’s presentations available to view.
With an overarching theme of ‘Resilience in a changing landscape’, the one-day conference was opened by the inspirational Melissa Clark-Reynolds sharing her futurist view on new technologies and societal change. Then followed a fresh line-up of presentations in our concurrent ‘Pick n Mix’ sessions. These feature a spread of topics ranging from new science and technology to tackle facial eczema, to navigating a changing global environment buffeted by the COVID-19 pandemic, rising protectionism and consumer concerns around climate change and sustainability.
To watch the available playlist, please visit our YouTube channel.
Presentation topics include:
- The future: Agritech? Melissa Clark-Reynolds, Foresight Practitioner & Professional Director.
- Hyperfarm: designing prosperous and sustainable landscapes that meet farmer and community expectations – Dr Seth Laurenson & Remy Lasseur, AgResearch.
- Sharing our story: how we’re building Kiwi pride in the red meat sector – Lee-Ann Marsh Beef + Lamb New Zealand.
- Rural Innovation Lab – James Stewart, Stewart Dairylands & Mat Hocken, Grassmere Dairy.
- Utilising nature’s wonder product, and spreading the goodness of wool – Sam and Sophie Hurley, Honest Wolf.
- Navigating a changing global environment – Stephanie Honey, Honey Consulting.
- Use of Wiltshires to reduce farm costs – Prof Steve Morris, Massey University.
- What’s your vision for resilient hill country futures, and how do we get there? Katherine Dixon, Hill Country Futures Programme & Angela McFetridge, Beef + Lamb New Zealand.
- New Science and technology to tackle facial eczema – Axel Heiser, AgResearch.
- Creating solutions for farmers in a changing world – Sarah Adams, Gallagher Animal Management· Knowing your GHG numbers – Dr Ben Hancock, Beef + Lamb New Zealand.
- Making positive changes a scale with catchment communities – Roger Dalrymple, Rangitikei Rivers Catchment Collective For more information about all speakers and topics’.
Download the full conference booklet (PDF, 1.4MB)
AgInnovation 2021 was proudly brought to you by B+LNZ’s Western & Eastern North Island Farmer Councils.