2023 intake – now open
Applications now open for the six programmes nationwide (20 spaces available at each):
- Mid Northern North Island (MNNI): NOW FULL
- Eastern North Island (ENI): NOW FULL
Note: if you are willing to travel outside your region to the Western North Island, please apply and any applications received from now can be considered for that area.
- Western North Island (WNI)
- Northern South Island (NSI)
- Central South Island (CSI)
- Southern South Island (SSI)
Please note all location will be confirmed after applications close on February 10 to ensure they are most centralised for participants.
Download the information flyer (PDF, 338KB) for full information and module dates.
Module dates as follow:
- Mid Northern North Island (MNNI) – 28 March 2023 - Hamilton
- Western North Island (WNI) – 4 April 2023 – Fielding
- Eastern North Island (ENI) – 6 April 2023 – Masterton
- Northern South Island (NSI) – 6 June 2023
- Central South Island (CSI) – 8 June 2023
- Southern South Island (SSI) – 9 June 2023
- North Island – 2 May
- South Island – 14 July
Module 2 (two days)
- MMNI - 1 + 2 June 2023 - (TBC)
- WNI/ ENI – 30 + 31 May 2023 – Palmerston North
- NSI/CSI – 3rd +4th August 2023 – Christchurch
- CSI/SSI – 10 +11 August 2023 - Dunedin
- MMNI/ ENI – 20 July 2023 - Hawkes Bay
- WNI – 19 July 2023 – Bulls
- South Island TBC – Early November 2023
Please note: Venues are a guideline and subject to change to ensure central location for all applicants is found where possible to minimise travel.
For more information, please send an email to: email@example.com
About the Generation Next programme
Generation Next: Our Future's Sheep & Beef Farmers' programme involves the delivery of three workshops over a six-month period with the following objectives:
- Understand the farm business – financial basics and management.
- Develop better decision-making skills.
- Understand technology and genetics within the industry.
- Understand the importance of managing mental health and personal wellbeing.
- Understand the overall industry goals and aims.
- Free programme to all associated levy payers and their employees.
- Please note all travel and beverage expenses are at the participants own cost. All meals and some accommodation costs are covered.
- If you are a successful applicant for this programme, please note there will be a small amount of pre-work sent to you prior to the start of the programme.
- Actively working on a sheep and beef or drystock property (associated levy payers).
- Aged between 18 and 45 years old.
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand the drivers to improving on farm profitability of the sheep and beef sector.
- Applications are to attend all three workshops (no single workshop attendance).
Find out more
For all overall queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Olivia Weatherburn on 027 801 7868.
- Insights into a Generation Next module (September 2022)
- Generation Next heads to the North Island (June 2022)
- Applications open for 2022 intake (January 2022)
- Generation Next grad shares his story (May 2021)
- About Generation Next in the South Island (October 2020)
|B+LNZ Generation Next Programme 2023 information flyer||338.26 KB|