2021 intake: North Island
Do you have a goal to be a leader, manager or farm owner in the future? If your ambition is to move up the sheep and beef ladder, then this programme is for you.
Should you be in the North Island and interested in this programme, then please touch base with Olivia Weatherburn on 027 801 7868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the programme
The 'Generation Next: Our Future's Sheep & Beef Farmers' programme involves the delivery of three workshops over a six-month period with the following objectives:
- Understand the farm business – financial basics and management.
- Develop better decision making skills.
- Understand technology and genetics within the industry.
- Understand the importance of managing mental health and personal wellbeing.
- Understand the overall industry goals and aims.
Download Programme flyer (PDF, 539KB)
- Applications are to attend all three workshops (no single workshop attendance).
- Free programme to all associated levy payers and their employees.
- Please note all travel and beverage expenses are at the participants own cost. All meals and some accommodation costs are covered.
If you are a successful applicant for this programme, please note there will be a small amount of pre-work sent to you prior to the start of the programme.
- Actively working on a sheep and beef or drystock property (associated levy payers).
- Aged between 18 and 45 years’ old.
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand the drivers to improving on farm profitability of the sheep and beef sector.
- Goals listed show that plan to stay in the food and fibre sector.
- Application shows progression over time through positions or goals represent this.
- Farming and living in the area of application.
- Available to attend all three days.
Find out more
For all queries, please contact Olivia Weatherburn on 027 801 7868.
|GenNext flyer Overview.pdf||289.33 KB|