Beef + Lamb New Zealand Farmer Council’s vision
A growing sheep and beef industry, providing sustainable profits for future generations.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Farmer Council’s mission
Guide and advise the development and delivery of innovative tools and services to support informed decision making, and continuous improvement in farming systems.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Farmer Council’s strategic principles
- Ensure that farmer needs are influencing Beef + Lamb New Zealand (B+LNZ) research, development and extension activities.
- Think strategically, encourage innovation and act collaboratively for both the short and long term future of the sheep and beef industry.
- Support farmers to learn and use practices and methods that will increase farm profitability and sustainability.
- Add value and enhance the effectiveness of B+LNZ activities and programmes.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Farmer Council’s core activities
- Operate as a farmer organisation, funded by B+LNZ, providing leadership at local and national levels.
- Represent the views, needs and recommendations from regional sheep and beef farmers.
- Contribute to the development of Region Delivery Plans (RDPs) by planning, guiding and coordinating extension and information activities for sheep and beef farmers.
- Provide a regional view of farmer R&D and extension needs and be a practical sounding board for B+LNZ in industry issues, R&D and extension work.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate understanding of the broader issues affecting sheep and beef farmers.
- Identify and demonstrate the career potential and pathways available in the sheep and beef industry including identification and professional development of future sheep and beef industry leaders.
Farmer Council strategy map