This programme is designed to nurture, assist and encourage the current and future farmers within our sector.
About the Generation Next programme
Generation Next: Our Future's Sheep & Beef Farmers' programme involves the delivery of three workshops over a six-month period with the following objectives:
- Understand the farm business – financial basics and management.
- Develop better decision-making skills.
- Understand technology and genetics within the industry.
- Understand the importance of managing mental health and personal wellbeing.
- Understand the overall industry goals and aims.
- Free programme to all associated levy payers and their employees.
- Please note all travel and beverage expenses are at the participants own cost. All meals and some accommodation costs are covered.
- If you are a successful applicant for this programme, please note there will be a small amount of pre-work sent to you prior to the start of the programme.
- Actively working on a sheep and beef or drystock property (associated levy payers).
- Aged between 18 and 45 years old.
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand the drivers to improving on farm profitability of the sheep and beef sector.
- Applications are to attend all three workshops (no single workshop attendance).
Find out more
The 2023 B+LNZ Generation Next programme is currently in progress. If you are interested in being a part of the 2024 programme, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all overall queries, please email email@example.com or call Olivia Weatherburn on 027 801 7868.