Dr Doug Demeades discusses the importance of focussing on the weakest link (the most limiting nutrient) and he answers listeners’ questions.
The topics covered include:
- the rise in potassium deficiency on sheep and beef farms;
- cost/benefit analyses of nutrient application;
- what phosphate retention means;
- economic optimums for soil fertility and pH, and how to apply them to different blocks in your farm;
- the benefits and unlikely risks of molybdenum;
- how lime works and how to use it effectively;
- and how we feed the all-important soil flora and fauna.
Dr Doug Edmeades, Making the most of your fertiliser, lime account, optimise, monitoring soils, clovers, pastures, most limiting nutrient, rise in potassium deficiency, sheep farmers, beef farmers, nutrient application, phosphate retention, economic optimums, pH, risks of molybdenum, flora and fauna, fertilizer, ryegrass, soil fertility, fertility balance, sixteen nutrients, 16 nutrients