Dr Doug Demeades discusses the importance of focussing on the weakest link (the most limiting nutrient) and he answers listeners’ questions.
The topics covered include:
- the rise in potassium deficiency on sheep and beef farms;
- cost/benefit analyses of nutrient application;
- what phosphate retention means;
- economic optimums for soil fertility and pH, and how to apply them to different blocks in your farm;
- the benefits and unlikely risks of molybdenum;
- how lime works and how to use it effectively;
- and how we feed the all-important soil flora and fauna.