This is an opportunity for levy payers to see how their money is being invested, to ask questions, be inspired, meet their representatives, learn more about their organisation, and to have their say.
The Annual Meeting will start at 12.30pm following lunch. Guest speakers to follow.
- Dave Harrison, B+LNZ's General Manager – Policy & Advocacy is going to talk about climate change, He Waka Eke Noa and why its important for farmers to get onboard.
- Then we will have a pre-recorded presentation from B+LNZ's Global Manager – New Zealand Red Meat Story, Michael Wan on insights to the red meat market, consumer trends and Taste Pure Nature.
- 12pm – Lunch
- 12.30pm to 2.30pm – AGM
- 3.00pm – David Harrison Climate change/ He Waka Eke Noa
- 3.30pm - Michael Wan on market insights/Taste Pure Nature (pre recorded video)
Farmer Council elections: You decide!
The Farmer Council works with the local staff on the ground to give direction of B+LNZ activities while being a connector to you.
If you are considering joining the Northern South Island Farmer Council, please remember nominations close at 8am, Saturday 16th October. Nominations must be from a sheep and beef farmer registered on the B+LNZ electoral roll.
Nominations should be accompanied by no more than a 200 word biography.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of the nomination form.
COVID-19 event protocols
There will be some changes to how events are run so that we adhere to the government’s COVID-19 requirements: COVID-19.govt.nz. In particular, B+LNZ needs to manage risks, and have the ability to contact trace attendees if anything were to happen.
- It is imperative that every individual pre-registers for any B+LNZ events to avoid the risk of being turned away upon arrival.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay at home.