What are the minimum operator requirements?
Operator must be under direct supervision until assessed as competent by person in charge of the workplace.
What equipment do you need?
- Gloves (optional)
- Eye protection (optional)
- Refuel equipment in well ventilated area.
- Park equipment on level ground whenever possible. Shut off engine.
- Never remove the fuel cap or refuel with the engine running or hot.
- Do not smoke while fueling equipment. Avoid all ignition sources.
- Ensure fuel is proper fuel type for the equipment.
- Maintain control of the fuel filler pipe nozzle.
- Fuel tanks should not overflow and no fuel should be spilled.
- Ensure nozzle is empty prior to removing nozzle from tank.
- Ensure cap is properly tightened after fueling.
- Mop up any spilt fuel with a rag before restating equipment.
- If the originally fuel tank cap is lost, replace it with an approved cap.
What are the risks?