Visit our Careers Centre to view current vacancies, apply for jobs or register your interest in working for us in the future.
Our culture reflects what’s important to the sheep and beef farmers we work for. We share their values of decency, hard work and innovation. Our team is passionate, resourceful, positive and open.
As a talent incubator for the sector, we focus on personal and professional growth, enabling you to take your career wherever you want within the industry.
Benefits of working for us
We look after our people. Our comprehensive health and lifestyle benefits help you feel great at work, while our commitment to professional development can expand your mind – and your career.
Flexible work arrangements
- We recognise the differing needs of our employees and offer flexible work arrangements.
- Our regular staff awards acknowledge those whose commitment goes above and beyond and who 'walk the talk' in terms of living our values, innovating and helping others.
Learning and development
- We know how important it is to have the opportunity to grow and develop – personally and professionally. At B+LNZ feedback is a constant, with a regular focus on career aspirations, learning and development.
- We value the retention of organisational knowledge and encourage internal promotion when opportunities arise. Funding is available for staff to attend study, training and conferences that’ll enhance their work.
Employee volunteer programme
- We believe it’s the responsibility of a good employer to help strengthen the communities in which we live and work. Our employee volunteer programme gives staff paid leave to do voluntary work that benefits the primary sector.
- We provide additional leave entitlements beyond the standard. Sick leave is available once you start, with no six-month stand-down and 10 sick days a year. You also get two extra days' holiday on top of four weeks' annual leave.
OOS care assessment
- Within your first month we arrange for a workplace assessment and implement any changes needed to make sure you're comfortable while you're working.
- We have a discounted Southern Cross Group Scheme and offer free eye tests after you've been with us for two years.
Exercise and health
- We support our people to have a healthy lifestyle with team challenges and indoor sports teams – and a well-stocked fruit bowl. Staff in our Wellington head office enjoy the benefits of a fully equipped gym with an extensive range of modern cardio and weight equipment.
Employee Assistance Programme
- You will have free access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), provided by Vitae, offering counselling, trauma support and assistance with work or personal issues.
Health and safety at work
- Our proactive health and safety committee has a commitment to rehabilitation and a safe driving policy that encourages our regional team members to do defensive driving courses.