The consultation period for the Government's Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill – better known as the Zero Carbon Bill – has closed. There will be a transitional period to 2021 to get the new provisions up and running.
- Submissions on the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill closed 16 July 2019.
- B+LNZ has lodged its submission on the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill following a comprehensive analysis of the Government’s proposals.
- Beef + Lamb New Zealand have put together advice on the Zero Carbon Bill on what the bill is and issues for the sector from what is proposed in it to assist farmers in making their submissions on the Zero Carbon Bill.
- You can read the Zero Carbon Bill on Parliament's website.
- A video explaining how to make a submission is also available.
- Podcast: B+LNZ’s Zero Carbon Bill submission explained.
- Media release: Beef + Lamb New Zealand calls for critical changes in methane approach in Zero Carbon Bill.
- Media release: Budget 2019 funding welcomed, but getting good regulatory settings still crucial.
- Media release: Beef + Lamb New Zealand calls for science-based changes to Zero Carbon Bill.