PICA's vision is to work together to grow people for a vibrant future.
What are PICA’s goals?
- Promotion of Primary Industry careers under the GrowingNZ brand to students and teachers at Careers Expos, presentations at teachers conferences, one-on-one school visits, boot-camp type competitions (e.g. GrowingNZ innovation challenge), promotional material and social media
- Promotions of Primary Industry careers to the wider public and targeted groups (secondary school students, >25 career changers)
- Increasing awareness of Primary Industry capability needs through presentations at conferences (e.g. Primary Communicators Day), representation on government groups and in the media
- Representing members of interest groups (e.g. Maori Youth)
- Profiling Primary Industry careers through website and promotional material
- Monitoring and reporting on workforce capability against targets and member capability activities
- Research on awareness, attitudes and influences on students towards Primary Industry careers
Through the GrowingNZ website PICA provides information for teachers and students, those new to the workforce and those already part of the primary industries workforce about scholarships, events, activities and education available to those wishing to pursue a career in the primary industries.