Speakers joining us in Christchurch on 28 – 29 July include:
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Country Manager New Zealand Pier Smulders
- Radio New Zealand’s Morning Report co-host and journalist Corin Dann
- BusinessNZ’s Chief Executive Kirk Hope
- Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment Simon Upton
- Journalist and business commentator Fran O’Sullivan
- Cornerstone Government Affairs Principal and Director Jim Richards from Washington
- Red Meat Sector Representative London Jeff Grant.
- Minister of Agriculture, Biosecurity, and Food Safety Hon Damien O’Connor (at the Maersk Gala Dinner)
Speaker profile: Jim Richards, Cornerstone Government Affairs, Washington DC
Jim Richards, a Principal and Director at Cornerstone Government Affairs, will provide conference attendees with his perspectives on the particularly fascinating topics of the current state of US politics as well as the Trump administration’s approach to trade.
Jim has served as a Chief of Staff to Republican Congressman Steve Pearce from New Mexico, and has served both in the executive and legislative branches of the US federal government. Alongside having worked on the appropriations subcommittee for Agriculture, Rural Development, FDA, Jim also grew up on his family’s fifth generation cattle ranch in southwest New Mexico, meaning he has a keen understanding of the primary sector and the role they play in influencing trade relationships.
Speaker profile: Pier Smulders, Alibaba
Pier Smulders is Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Country Manager, New Zealand. As part of Alibaba’s International Business Team, he works across Alibaba Group’s eco-system with a specific focus on building Alibaba’s business in New Zealand.
Pier will provide an insight into how New Zealand’s red meat producers can get closer to their consumers in China through using e-commerce platforms like Alibaba and the exciting new retail platforms and concepts being rolled out in China.
Speaker profile: Jeff Grant, Red Meat Sector Representative, London
With Brexit continuing to dominant headlines, having already claimed the Prime Ministership of Theresa May, and still being a significant issue facing New Zealand’s exports to the UK and EU, Red Meat Sector Representative Jeff Grant will be providing an update on just what exactly has happened, is happening, and what’s likely to happen as we approach the new 31 October deadline for a no-deal hard Brexit.
Find out more
For the full programme and to register your attendance, please visit the Red Meat Sector Conference Website.