Beef + Lamb New Zealand is a proud partner in the Red Meat Profit Partnership, a collaborative programme that brings together partners from across the red meat sector to help our industry become more profitable, confident and productive.
We’re encouraging farmers to consider joining the RMPP Action Network, an initiative to support farmers to develop the confidence to turn ideas into action on-farm.
RMPP Action Network is made up of farmer Action Groups of seven to nine farm businesses.
Action Groups are farmer-led and supported by trained facilitators to guide a group and help identify experts who can share new knowledge and ideas needed to achieve their goals.
Each Action Group is eligible for kick-start funding of $4,000 per farm business, which is pooled for the group to pay for a facilitator and expert advice. This funding is only available through until June 2020.
What to expect
Farm businesses participating can expect:
- To be involved in a professionally facilitated, results-focused Action Group.
- Seed money to spend on specialist advice and facilitation.
- Help finding solutions to support their business.
- Connection to trusted, independent expertise.
- To tap into the knowledge and experience of other farmers.
Rural professionals can also support existing or new clients as a:
- Connector – bringing farm businesses together into an Action Group that has a common focus and connecting them to expertise and resources.
- Facilitator – supporting Action Group members to build trust and openness with each other and helping them to work through any decisions.
- Subject matter expert – providing specialist advice that is tailored to the group’s needs.
Join an Action Group in your area
There are currently around 120 farmer-led Action Groups registered or active around New Zealand.
Southland, Wanganui/Manawatu and Hawke's Bay regions are leading the way.
Listen to farmers Sarah and Gareth Isbister explain why they joined an Action Group in the video clip below.
Find out more
If you are interested in joining the RMPP Action Network, please visit www.actionnetwork.co.nz to register or speak to your extension team.