It’s easier than you think.
- What’s the environmental issue and do you feel strongly enough to do something about it?
- Check there are not other groups in the area already look at the issue.
- How do others in the community feel about the issue? Is there sufficient interest to get together and explore ideas to address?
- At the meeting’s end, decide (a) if the project is a goer and (b) identify your next steps.
- If you decide to form a Landcare Group, it’s up to your group to determine how formal – or informal – you want the group to be. It depends on people’s time, the potential need for a formal structure down the track, and the amount of funding you may need.
- Download “How to set up a Landcare Group” booklet and enjoy making a difference.
Find out more
Download the more detailed “Landcare Guide” from the Landcare website at: http://www.landcare.org.nz/Landcare-Guide