Are you passionate about the beef industry? Do you have proven leadership qualities and experience? Are you actively farming and have direct involvement in the beef industry? Would you benefit from international exposure? Do you have the ability to engage with different nationalities and have cultural awareness? If you answer “yes” to these questions, then we’d like to hear from you!
Every year a New Zealander is sponsored by Beef + Lamb New Zealand to represent their country as a delegate at the International Beef Alliance (IBA) conference. The IBA annual conference will be held in Brazil this year from 26–31 May 2019.
This is an exciting experience that will accelerate your leadership development and broaden horizons through engagement with international leaders in the beef industry.
About the IBA
The IBA is a grouping of beef cattle producer organisations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, México, New Zealand, Paraguay and the United States. Together they account for 46% of global beef cattle production and 63% of global beef exports.
The IBA’s main objective is to work together to promote trade in beef and discuss common issues (such as sustainability and barriers to trade).
The IBA will offer you an opportunity to:
- Meet and interact with beef industry leaders from different parts of the world;
- Develop a global network of future leaders involved with the beef industry who can share and exchange information;
- Learn about the beef industry challenges and opportunities from other country members. This includes issues such as trade and sustainability.
- In return you will be expected to:
- Advocate for the IBA and further educate people about New Zealand’s beef industry, the IBA, and about the opportunities in the beef sector. This will involve speaking at conferences, using social media, undertaking media interviews etc;
- Confidently present to international leaders in the beef industry;
- Bring new perspectives on issues facing the beef industry; and
- Think of ways to support the work the IBA is undertaking.
How to apply
- Download and complete application form (WORD, 176KB).
- Send your completed application form, by email, to Scholarships@beeflambnz.com by 29 March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed then a final decision will be made by 16 April 2019.
If you have any queries or require further information or clarification regarding this application, please email Scholarships@beeflambnz.com
|IBA Future Leaders Scholarship Application Form 2019.docx||173.89 KB|