Please note that the three reports from B+LNZ’s Chairman Andrew Morrison, CEO Sam McIvor, and COO Cros Spooner have been pre-recorded. These will be taken as read prior to the meeting.
Watch the reports via the links below:
- B+LNZ Chairman’s Report – Andrew Morrison
- B+LNZ Chief Executive’s Report – Sam McIvor
- B+LNZ Finance Report – Cros Spooner
About the meeting
Over 100 people tuned into the livestream and heard an update from Chairman Andrew Morrison on issues facing the sector such as the drought and the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Farmers also put questions to Mr Morrison, Chief Executive Officer Sam McIvor, and Chief Operating Officer Cros Spooner during the Annual Meeting itself and a general discussion afterwards specifically relating to COVID-19 and how the industry was responding to it.
“It was disappointing that we weren’t able to make it to New Plymouth this year for our Western North Island Showcase and Annual Meeting, but it did afford us the opportunity to test out using livestreaming as an option to connect with farmers who mightn’t ordinarily travel to attend the Annual Meeting in person,” says Mr Morrison.
“Based on the success of the livestream, we’re now looking at using more livestreams like these throughout the year so farmers can put questions to the B+LNZ Board and senior management team.”
Two resolutions were also passed at the Annual Meeting, with a total of 1,660 votes received:
- 54.23 percent in favour of an increase in the total aggregate amount payable by way of Directors’ fees (4 percent for the Chairman and 2 percent for each director) and to establish a pool of $20,000 for additional responsibility taken on by individual directors to give effect to the recommendations of the Directors Independent Remuneration Committee.
- 90.90 percent in favour that KPMG be appointed as B+LNZ Ltd’s auditor for the year ending 30 September 2020.
- While farmers did vote in favour of the increase in Directors’ fees, Andrew Morrison advised Board had decided that it would not be taking up the increase this year in light of COVID.
“In light of the current situation, the Board decided prior to the annual meeting that if the increase was approved by farmers we would not be making use of the increase in Directors’ fees this year.”
A recording of the livestream is available on B+LNZ’s YouTube channel.
For more information please contact B+LNZ’s Senior Communications Advisor Gwynn Compton on 027 838 6353