The learn-to-surf programme provides an opportunity for farmers to step away from what can be an all-consuming business, get fresh air, exercise and interact with other farmers, rural families and industry professionals.
You will be provided wetsuits and surfboards but if you have access to one already please bring along.
The sessions are free of charge and after the surfing session there is a free BBQ giving participants a chance to catch up.
Dates, locations and contacts
- Mount Maunganui – from 20th January at 5:30pm Cnr of Banks and Marine Parade, Contacts Geoff Waite: 027 601 4444 & Sarah Hickey: 027 554 9257.
- Ohope – West End Ohope from Tuesday 11th Jan 5:30pm, Phil Williams: 027 499 5605.
- Pauanui – top of Mt Vista, kicks off 5pm on Friday 21 January, Seth Roe: 027 320 6937.
- Raglan – Ngarunui Beach Wednesday 26th Jan 5:30pm, Matte Kirk: 027 222 2403.
- Waihi – north end Surf Club Tuesday 18th Jan 5:30pm, Mike Meade: 027 659 0661.
- Pukehina – Pukehina Beach at Surfclub rooms, Thursday 20 January at 5.30pm and runs through until Thursday 3 March. Contact Boyd Harris on 0273 41 44 39.
Find out more
Visit the Surfing for Farmers Facebook page.