Supporting the mental health of the NZ farming community
The learn-to-surf programme provides an opportunity for farmers to step away from what can be an all-consuming business, get fresh air, exercise and interact with other farmers, rural families and industry professionals.
You will be provided wetsuits and surfboards but if you have access to one already please bring along.
The sessions are free of charge and after the surfing session there is a free BBQ giving participants a chance to catch up.
Dates and locations
Pauanui –Top of Mt Vista
- Start: Every Monday from 7th December 10am–12.30pm
- Contact details: Karl Davis m: 027 496 4633
Download Pauanui programme flyer (PDF, 1MB)
Waihi Beach – North end Surf Club
- Start: 1st December Tuesday 5.30pm
- Contact details: Mike Meade m: 027 659 0661
Download Waihi Beach programme flyer (PDF, 1 MB)
Mt Maunganui – Corner of Banks and Marine Parade
- Start: Every Thursday 10th December 5.30pm
- Contact details: Geoff Waite m: 027 601 4444 or Sarah Hickey m: 027 554 9257
Ohope – West end
- Start: Tuesday 1st December 5.30pm
- Contact details: Phil Williams m: 027 499 5605 or Oliver Dobbin m: 021 149 1972
Download Ohope programme flyer (PDF, 2MB)
Ngarunui Beach – Raglan
- Start: Wednesday 16 December 5.30pm and resumes 27 January, 3 February, 10 February.
- Contact details: Wanda on 021 180 2995.
Find out more
Visit the Surfing for Farmers Facebook page.