Through the programme, participants will gain an understanding of what facilitation is and learn the skills required to effectively facilitate group collaboration and learning.
Learning objectives include:
The art and science of facilitation
- Adopting a facilitation mindset
- Processes, tools and techniques for working with groups
- Applying facilitation in other settings e.g., meetings
The ways we learn
- Understand how we acquire skills and develop knowledge
- What is known about how the brain learns.
- How neuroscience and behavioural psychology can help us.
- Strategies to facilitate real learning
- The key elements of an effective learning programme
- Designing for maximum learning
Becoming an agent for change
- Explore the barriers to change
- Influencing and supporting change
Design your event
- You will design an outline of the event you are about to run