We’ll update you on the disease, how it’s looking in Northland and what services and support there is for farmers. You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions, increase your knowledge and understanding of the disease, and how to reduce biosecurity risk by implementing good management practice.
This event will be followed by another similar session for farmers starting at 11.20am, which you are welcome to stay on for.
1) 8.45am–11am for rural professionals (tea on arrival and at end).
2) 11am–1.30pm for farmers (tea on arrival then lunch provided at end).
Programme for Rural Professionals
- 8:45am: Tea and coffee.
- 9am: Introduction and housekeeping.
- 9:10am: Update on our biggest biosecurity challenge to date: M.Bovis. This includes an update on numbers for our region, the disease and its management including stages of response and recovery, plus Questions and Answers.
- 10am: DBCAT Wade Bell on supporting farmers with their compensation claims.
- 10:20am: Farmer Welfare discussion on how you can help as a rural professional.
- 10:40am: Managing biosecurity risk with good farming practice.
- 11am: Morning tea.
Programme for Farmer meeting
- 11.am: Tea and Coffee.
- 11.20am: Introduction and housekeeping.
- 11.30am: Update on our biggest biosecurity challenge to date: M.Bovis. Northland numbers - Vanessa Coull - Regional Co-ordination Centre Manager NI (MPI). The disease and its management - Jess Shelgren DVM - Regional Veterinary Manager (MPI). Stages of response and recovery - Alison Whiteford - Recovery Coordinator (MPI).
- Questions and Answers (MPI).
- 12:30pm: Support available to assist farmers with compensation claims - Wade Bell (DBCAT).
- 12:50pm: Farmer Welfare discussion – services and support available.
- 1:10pm: Managing biosecurity risk with good farming practice – Tafi Manjala.
- 1:30pm: Lunch.
Please RSVP by 19 August to Rachel Jukes (B+LNZ): Rachel.Jukes@beeflambnz.com