Beef + Lamb New Zealand will be holding a Field Day in the Cheviot area on Thursday December 13 commencing at 1.30pm. The host property for this event is the Newton family farm at 1314 Domett Road.
The theme of this Field day will be around “Carbon” farming and the wider Emissions Trading Scheme. Both these topics should be very much at the forefront of sheep and beef farmers planning at this time, especially after the recent announcement of over $230 million dollars being invested into exotic and native tree plantings.
There will be four very experienced speakers presenting on various topics and the take home messages will be of interest to all those involved in decision making on sheep and beef properties.
- How forestry fits within the emissions trading scheme.
- The proposed changes and how they relate to plantation forests where there is value for both timber and carbon.
- How the changes will benefit permanent non-harvest forests that are grown for carbon and other environmental values.
- Update on the impact of the Green House Gases.
- The Post Quake Farming Project. This is an MPI-funded project for the hill and high-country area affected by the November 2016 earthquakes and continues till 2021.
The field day commences at 1.30pm and finishes with a BBQ at around 5.30 pm.
Please RSVP for catering purposes to Theresa Laws on 03 477 6634 or email Theresa.Laws@beeflambnz.com
Find out more
For any further information, please contact Tom Fraser phone on 021 122 0356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org