Horizons invites communities to freshwater targets roadshow.
The roadshow comes as Horizons begins engagement on freshwater targets, also known as target attribute states.
This is another part of the process to enact the freshwater reforms introduced by central government in 2020 – specifically, the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management (NPS-FM).
Horizons are running as many sessions as possible, getting across as much of the Horizons Region as they can at a time of the year we acknowledge is busy for everyone – especially those working on farms.
People unable to make meetings in rural areas can get in touch with the rural advice team on freephone 0508 800 800 to discuss alternative options.
Meeting dates and locations
- 2.30pm, Thursday 2 November, Āpiti Tavern, Āpiti.
- 2.30pm, Friday 3 November, Te Matapihi - Bulls Community Centre, Bulls.
- 2.30pm and 6pm Monday 6 November, Whanganui Jockey Club, Whanganui.
- 10.30am Thursday 9 November, Woodville-Pahiatua Racing Club, Woodville.
- 2.30pm Monday 13 November, Rangatira Golf Club, Hunterville.
- 6pm Monday 13 November, Ohakune RSA, Ohakune.
- 10.30am Tuesday 14 November, Taumarunui RSA, Taumarunui.
- 2.30pm Tuesday 21 November, Levin RSA, Levin.
- 6pm Wednesday 22 November, Palmerston North Cosmopolitan Club, Palmerston North.
Presentations will start at those times, but people are welcome to arrive up to 30 minutes early, when refreshments will be available. There will also be time for further questions and conversations afterwards over refreshments.
For more information about the freshwater reform process in the Horizons Region, see freshwater.horizons.govt.nz