This is the final field-day for this three year project and we’re bringing it all together, summarising the results and discussing how beef farmers can get more profit from pasture on their own farms.
- How important are rotation length & stocking rate?
- Are strategies to reduce pugging profitable?
- When’s the right time to speed up the rotation in Spring?
- Can grazing management get rid of Rats-tail?
- Practical tips for working with electric fences.
- Getting more from kikuyu.
- Where does nitrogen fertiliser fit in and more?
Find out more
- Contact Gareth Baynham: email@example.com or call 027 442 0556
- or email Alison Whiteford (B+LNZ): on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 489 7343
The location has changed and this will now be held at the Landcorp Rangiputa Woolshed at 16 Rangiputa Road. Google Maps unfortunately doesn't list this correctly, so you'll find it 160m from the corner of Rangiputa Road and Inland Road (the Landcorp office is on the corner).
The recent outbreak of Mycoplasma bovis has highlighted the importance of on-farm biosecurity. When attending a B+LNZ field day please ensure you have clean footwear and vehicles are not carrying fresh muck or vegetation. This will help reduce the risk of spreading weeds, pests and diseases onto our host farms and across our country. To stay clean, we need to be clean.