What will you need for the day?
Bring along your financial records for all business entities you want to benchmark.
Bring the devices (a computer that can run Excel) you run your financial programme from. And bring anyone in your team who makes decisions that affect the performance of your business.
You will be working directly on your own business during the workshop, B+LNZ and rural professionals will be on hand to help guide you. What is discussed in the workshop is confidential and you will not have to share any information you are not comfortable too.
What will you get out of it?
You will come away with your own benchmarking process set up and ready to go. You’ll understand key performance indicators for your business. You’ll have a greater understanding of the information gathered, and how you can use it to better inform critical business decisions. You will identify where the opportunities to achieve your goals are and begin to set clear SMART plans to achieve these desired goals.
Spend a day focusing on things you can influence, not worrying about those you can’t.
Things to bring
- Your Farm Accounts for year 2016-17 (or any year back to 2013-14).
- Computer Minimum system requirement: Windows 7 running Excel 2010 (Yardstick does not run on any version of Excel for Macintosh).
- An extension cord and multi box to power your laptop.
- Pen and pad.
- Any associated Farm accounting software using eg cashmanager, Xero etc or supporting information your accounts are based on eg summaries of stock sales and purchases, weights etc.
- The goals and dreams you have that you would like to achieve.
Registration is essential.
Please register with Rachel Jukes (B+LNZ): Rachel.Jukes@beeflambnz.com
When attending a B+LNZ event please ensure you have clean footwear and vehicles are not carrying fresh muck or vegetation. This will help reduce the risk of spreading weeds, pests and diseases onto our host farms and across our country. To stay clean, we need to be clean.