From optimal nutritional outcomes when finishing lambs and calves through to little critters who make quite different nutritional choices (ok, poos) you’ll find out about a range of inputs you can use in your farming system to achieve everything from better performance to lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Afternoon tea and BBQ provided.
Speakers and topics
- Hear from Wayne Nichol and Charlotte Westwood from PGG Wrightson Seeds on alternative forage options for finishing young stock, focusing on management, nutrition and the opportunities presented by different systems.
- Shaun Forgie, Landcare Research scientist, will discuss how dung beetles, which are now available in New Zealand, can not only benefit your soils and pastures but also reduce worm burdens in livestock, improve water quality and lower GHG emissions.
- There’ll also be a farm tour where you’ll be able to soak up the sunshine (hopefully) and discuss applying the science – all thanks to Remote Farming Ltd.
- Proudly sponsored by NZ Landcare Trust, ANZ and PGG Wrightson Seeds.
- Afternoon tea provided and BBQ sponsored by ANZ.