Do you have a goal to be a leader, manager or farm owner in the future? If your ambition is to move up the sheep and beef ladder, then this programme is for you.
About the programme
The 'Generation Next: Our Future's Sheep & Beef Farmers' programme involves the delivery of three workshops over a six-month period with the following objectives:
- Understand the farm business – financial basics and management.
- Develop better decision making skills.
- Understand technology and genetics within the industry.
- Understand the importance of managing mental health and personal wellbeing.
- Understand the overall industry goals and aims.
Module dates and locations
- Module 1: 5 June, Gore.
- Module 2: 15 and 16 August, Dunedin.
- Module 3: 29 November, Invercargill.
Details of the content of each workshop are included in the flyer below.
Download programme flyer (819KB, PDF)
20 spaces are available.
Applicants are required to attend all three modules.
Free to all levy payers and their employees, however, travel and beverage costs are not covered. Accommodation for 1 night in Dunedin and all meals during the programme will be provided.
If you are a successful applicant for this programme, please note there will be a small amount of pre-work sent to you prior to the start of the programme
- Actively working on a sheep and beef or dry stock property (associated levy payers).
- Aged between 18 & 45 years old.
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand the drivers to improving on farm profitability of the sheep and beef sector.
- Priority will be given to those farming and living within the Southern South Island area (Dunedin South). Should there be places left after this outside application will be considered.
- Goals are listed and suggest that they will stay within the primary industry.
- Have a plan 5–10 years out that they would like to achieve. Application shows progression over time through positions or goals represent this.
- Have not completed a degree in Ag Science or Ag Commerce at Lincoln in the past 5 years. If completed a diploma or certificate in the past, that business or a finance paper was only a minor part.
- Are available to attend all three days.
Applications close 18 April, 5pm.
To request an application pack, please email Olivia Ross (B+LNZ Extension Manager, Southern South Island): Olivia.Ross@beeflambnz.com or call her on 027 801 7868
Download application form (46.1KB, PDF)