Do you have a goal to be a leader, manager or farm owner in the future? If your ambition is to move up the sheep and beef ladder, then this programme is for you.
20 spaces are available for this programme per region.
Applications close 5pm,16 April 2020.
Dates and regions
- Northern South Island: 8 June – Hamner Springs 6 & 7 August, Lincoln Late November, Ashburton.
- Central South Island: 10 June – Timaru 13 & 14 August, Dunedin Late November, Oamaru.
- Southern South Island: 12 June – Gore 13 & 14 August, Dunedin Late November, Invercargill.
About the programme
The 'Generation Next: Our Future's Sheep & Beef Farmers' programme involves the delivery of three workshops over a six-month period with the following objectives:
- Understand the farm business – financial basics and management.
- Develop better decision making skills.
- Understand technology and genetics within the industry.
- Understand the importance of managing mental health and personal wellbeing.
- Understand the overall industry goals and aims.
Download Programme Flyer (873KB, PDF)
Applicants are required to attend all three modules.
Free to all levy payers and their employees, however, travel and beverage costs are not covered. All meals and some accommodation costs are covered.
If you are a successful applicant for this programme, please note there will be a small amount of pre-work sent to you prior to the start of the programme.
- Actively working on a sheep and beef or dry stock property (associated levy payers).
- Aged between 18 and 45 years’ old.
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand the drivers to improving on farm profitability of the sheep and beef sector.
- Goals listed show that plan to stay in the food and fibre sector.
- Application shows progression over time through positions or goals represent this.
- Farming and living in the area of application.
- Are available to attend all three days.
How to apply
Download application form (38KB, PDF)
Please complete this form before 5pm, 16 April 2020.
Post or save PDF and email to Alyce:
- Post: Beef + Lamb New Zealand, PO Box 23, Lumsden 9742.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a hardcopy application pack, please email email@example.com
Find out more
For all queries, please contact Olivia Ross on 027 801 7868