The intention of the B+LNZ Future Farm is to demonstrate to farmers, and others, how new technologies and systems impact performance, while maintaining the highest production standards within a leading environment footprint.
Join us to recap the journey so far, where we are headed and discussion on how we will get there while responding to environmental challenges.
On the day
Morning tea is available from 10am, and the day will start at 10.30am sharp.
Please bring your own lunch, and a clean 4WD vehicle for the farm tour (biosecurity screening will operate).
Responding to change
Last year the theme of the day was on the establishment process and optimising the land by matching land use to natural resource capability. This year, the focus of the day is on the physical and financial performance, and the environment.
Topics and speakers
- Sam McIvor, CEO B+LNZ giving an overview of the last 12 months and the Future Farm Board’s focus.
- Simon Lee and Carl Forrester talking about the current physical and financial performance of the farm, and the challenges.
- Dan Brier, GM Farming Excellence talking about the future plans.
- Potential impacts of proposed environment regulations.
- A farm tour (weather permitting).
Find out more
This is a free event, but registration is required for catering numbers for morning tea, the BBQ at the close of the event.
Please RSVP to Theresa Laws: Theresa.Laws@beeflambnz.com or phone 027 203 9978 by 31 October.
When attending a B+LNZ event please ensure you have clean footwear and vehicles are not carrying fresh muck or vegetation. This will help reduce the risk of spreading weeds, pests and diseases onto our host farms and across our country. To stay clean, we need to be clean.