The Environment Module starts with a practical, hands-on workshop. It’s followed by one or two further events as needed to help refine your farm plan and address further specific technical areas.
This workshop is suitable for both farmers with an existing Land Environment Plan (LEP) or Farm Environment Plan (FEP) and those wanting to start documenting their farm plan. Workshop delivery will cater to all farmers and you can learn from others and work together on common risks and opportunities.
- You’ll start mapping your farm into Land Management Units, the basis of the environment module of a farm plan.
- You’ll learn hands-on, practical techniques you can use every day to assess soils, freshwater and biodiversity.
- You’ll be introduced to building climate change resilience into your farm business, including assessing your GHG emissions and sequestration – getting to ‘know your numbers’.
At the completion of Workshop One you’ll be armed with the practical tools you’ll need to start or refine your B+LNZ farm planning journey.
Follow-up events will occur one–two months after the first workshop and further sessions may be held at a later date on specific subjects as required. Subsequent workshops will be demand-led, covering areas you particularly want to focus on.
Facilitator: Erica van Reenan and Juliet Chambers
Register your interest with Sarah.Crofoot@beeflambnz.com
New improvements to how B+LNZ manages events
We now have a new event website that offers additional features, and we’ve made further improvements since it was launched. Find out more about the new events website here.
COVID-19 event protocols
There will be some changes to how events are run so that we adhere to the government’s COVID-19 requirements: COVID-19.govt.nz. In particular, B+LNZ needs to manage risks, and have the ability to contact trace attendees if anything were to happen.
- It is imperative that every individual pre-registers for any B+LNZ events to avoid the risk of being turned away upon arrival.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay at home.