This workshop is aimed at supporting farmers to complete their Farm Environment Plans as required by the Southland Land and Water plan.
The workshop will assist farmers to work through the requirements needed to align with appendix N of the overall plan and gathering the correct data to put together a farm plan to meet their properties needs.
This workshop will help you understand your farm's unique natural resources and develop a plan to remain productive while putting actions in place to manage any potential risks to the environment.
Using Beef + Lamb New Zealand’s Farm Environment Planning Toolkit, you’ll get specialist assistance to assess the potential impact your farm has on your surrounding environment and develop actions to manage these risks.
Environment Southland Staff will also be on hand during the workshop to ask answer questions and assist with plan builds.
On the day
Light lunch from 11.40am.
Afternoon tea and coffee also provided. Please advise if you have any dietary requirements.
What to bring
To ensure you get the most out of the workshop following registration to the workshop we will send you a pre-workshop guideline to help you gather the maps and information your will require on the day.
Registrations are essential, please RSVP to email@example.com
What others have said about this workshop
- “Good starting point. Made it manageable for me to do the farm plan. Wouldn’t have known where to start otherwise”.
- “Really informative and template there all ready to go – on the day had the support to start to put it all together”.
- “Has involved me more. I don’t go to farm discussion groups – that’s a blokes day out. It has involved me more in land management, rather than just helping with shearing and drenching”.
- “Better understanding of farm plans – not the big nightmare that most farmers expect it to be”.
- “Easier with the wife there”.
- Bringing the worker along –“It brings the worker into the same way of thinking”.