This workshop has a dairy focus coming into yearling bull buying season.
Covering these three main themes:
1) How to build a robust breeding program, fit for the good years and not so good years.
- Where should you spend and where can you save?
- Best practice vs in practice.( what works genetically, financially and practically).
- Ensuring your breeding programme doesn't walk out with manager.
2) What's the beef on dairy beef?
- What makes a good beef bull for dairy.
- Beef breed vs Beef breeding value.
- Beef Semen vs Backup bulls.
3) What are the tools in your toolbox and how do you get the most out of them?
- Recording and evaluation.
- Genomic technology.
- Sexed vs Conventional.
Locations and registration
This will be an interactive workshop with afternoon tea provided. Spaces are limited so registrations are essential.
|Oamaru||Targeted Breeding Centre,||19th September||1 - 4pm||Registration closed.|
|Mid Canterbury||Vermont Angus||20th September||1 - 4pm||Registration closed.|