What are the minimum operator requirements?
- Operator must be under direct supervision until assessed as competent by person in charge of the workplace
- Operator must have sufficient weight, limb size, skill and judgement to control the equipment being used
What equipment do you need?
- Personal Protective Equipment appropriate to the equipment being used is to be worn. This information is to be found on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- First aid kit appropriate to equipment being used
- Fire extinguisher
- Be familiar with the owner’s manual and all safety decals on the equipment being used
- Check that equipment is safe to use
- Isolate the equipment when servicing/maintaining it
- Ensure the equipment is stable
- Follow equipment safety procedures
- Ensure there is sufficient lighting and ventilation
- Ensure power tools and equipment are properly guarded
- Use equipment for its intended purpose only
- Store equipment safely to prevent damage and unauthorised use
- Do not use equipment if you are unsure how to do so safely
What are the risks?
- Electric shock