This is a great opportunity for levy payers to learn about where B+LNZ is investing your levies.
You will hear from B+LNZ’s Chairman Andrew Morrison and Chief Executive Sam McIvor about B+LNZ's key achievements and activities in the last year and priorities ahead. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions and speak to B+LNZ’s leadership team.
The programme includes two panel discussions – more information below. (Note: the visit to MataRata Downs farm has been cancelled in order to accommodate the nine remits received)
The meeting will be livestreamed for those who can’t attend in person – more info soon. Recordings from the day will also be available at a later date.
Panel: Capitalizing on red meat consumer trends
Learn about global red meat consumer trends and what B+LNZ is doing to help position New Zealand farmers to capitalize on these trends.
- Vangelis Vitalis – New Zealand’s top trade negotiator and Deputy Secretary of Trade & Economic for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT)
- Greg McSkimming – Silver Fern Farms Agribusiness and Strategic Solutions Manager
- Nick Beeby – Beef + Lamb New Zealand General Manager Market Development
Panel: Supporting world-leading farmers through research
Learn how B+LNZ's investment into research and development is helping improve the profitability of New Zealand's red meat producers and position the sector for the future.
- Ginny Dodunski BVSc MACVSc (Med. Sheep) – Wormwise Programme Manager
- Dr Nick Sneddon PhD, PGDipSc, BSc – Senior Lecturer in Animal Breeding & Genetics, Massey University
- Axel Heiser – Principal Scientist and Chief Scientist, Agresearch
- Dan Brier – Beef + Lamb New Zealand General Manager Farming Excellence
Taking part in the B+LNZ Annual Meeting process
Voting pack documents:
- Chairman's letter 2023 (PDF, 42.8 KB)
- Company resolution explanatory notes 2023 – includes remits (PDF, 75KB)
- Activity update for B+LNZ and NZMB (PDF, 2MB)
Download B+LNZ's Annual Meeting documents
- 2023 Meeting and Showcase Agenda (PDF, 127 KB)
- 2022 B+LNZ Annual Report 2022 (PDF, 7.6 MB)
- B+LNZ Year End Financial Statements 30 September 2022 and Independent Auditor's Report (PDF, 470 KB)
- 2022 B+LNZ Annual Meeting minutes (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Agenda item: additional remit (PDF, 25.8 KB)