Ballance Farm Environment Awards Supreme Winners field day for the Horizons Region
Wednesday, 24 May 2017
9.30am-2.30pm (rain or shine): The Woolshed, 1297 Coast Road, Pongaroa
By farmers. For farmers
Come and see why Shaun and Tracie Baxter won the Horizons Region Supreme Award and hear from a range of speakers discussing biodiversity, stock productivity, riparian planting and soils.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand is proud to be a national sponsor of the Ballance Farm Environment Awards.
These flagship awards find and celebrate role models who show how an environmentally sensitive approach can be part of a profitable farm business and can inspire and motivate others by example.
The focus is on practical solutions that support farm business goals, as well caring for the environment.
Winner's Field Day
This day will be a chance to view the 2017 winner's farm and see what made them standout to be the 2017 award winners.
The day will finish with a BBQ and refreshments.
Note: Farm tour for bikes, quads and side-by-sides only; approved helmets to be worn; passengers as per current regulations.
The judges highlighted
- Excellent knowledge of soils; visual soil assessments undertaken to measure soil health and focused fertiliser use
- Sound animal health programmes based on record keeping and monitoring
- Opportunities available for second generation through off farm training and on farm management
- Benchmarking performance of business through on farm measurement and off farm activities including awards programmes.
For further information
- Stella Rackham BFEA Regional Coordinator on 0274 197 587