What the workshop will cover
Targeted at the commercial bull buyer and facilitated by B+LNZ Genetics, this workshop is designed to help you make good decisions about yearling bull buying so you add value to your farming system.
The day includes practical live cattle demonstrations and mock helmsman auction.
Key steps covered
- Setting a breeding objective.
- Choosing a bull breeder that matches that objective.
- Using genetic information to assess sale bulls.
- Using physical information to assess sale bulls.
- Settling your new purchase in and ensuring he is annually evaluated for breeding soundness.
Workshop information and programme
Download event flyer (PDF, 775KB)
Please RSVP to B+LNZ Genetics online using the registration link below, or call us on 03 477 6632